Southwest Christian School subscribes to the philosophy of need-based financial aid as opposed to merit-based scholarships. To receive financial aid a student's family must demonstrate financial need based on the assumption that the family is allocating the maximum amount of resources it can to the educational costs of its children. Please note that no more than 50% tuition will be granted to any one student.
- Must be enrolled or accepted for admission to SCS.
- Parent's financial statement must show demonstrated financial need.
- Financial aid is granted per year and must be applied for yearly with all financial accounts current.
- All financial aid deadlines must be met.
- Student must exhibit exemplary citizenship and maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher in the preceding semester.
- Deadline to apply for financial aid is April 1.
- Financial Aid awards are made on the assumption that the family is allocating the maximum number of resources they can to the educational costs of the children and that the family has arranged their priorities accounting for this cost.
- SCS holds both parents responsible to the full extent of their ability to pay for their child's education, regardless of the parent's marital status. Both parents are required to submit financial information, including annual W-2's and tax returns.
- Current year tax returns are required by FACTS for processing. A two to three week processing time is standard January-April.
- When either parent is not employed and there are no preschool children at home or other extenuating circumstances, the financial aid committee will impute part time wages to the families' financial profile.
- Apply for financial aid online. The fee is $25.00, and current tax records are mandatory to complete the application process.
- Deadline to be considered for first-round awards is April 1.
- The enrollment deposit of 10% will be required to save the student's place before financial aid awards are made. The enrollment deposit will be completely refunded if the aid amount is not sufficient for the student to enroll.
Each year SCS sees an increased need for financial aid assistance in light of the present economy. Limited funds may prevent the Financial Aid Committee from offering assistance to all qualified applicants. Therefore, awards are expected to be accepted or declined within two weeks of notification or the committee reserves the right to award the aid to an alternate candidate.
For questions concerning financial aid, please contact:
Preparatory Admissions Associate