Tammy Johnston - Assistant Principal
The Early Childhood program at Southwest Christian is designed to foster and facilitate the building of your child's spiritual, academic and social foundation. Teachers work alongside families to develop and maintain necessary home and school partnerships. Students at SCS are individually embraced as learners and experience the love of Christ first hand through teachers who keep their best interest at heart.
Two options are available for your young child.
- 3 day, 4 yr. old program on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- 5 day, 4 yr. old program Monday through Friday (only children with prior pre-k experience are eligible for this selection).
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
The curriculum is based on the latest educational research, the NAEYC accreditation standards and correlated to state pre-k guidelines. We believe a child's social emotional competence is just as vital to Kindergarten readiness and academic success as the development of academic skills. We focus on all areas of development in order to grow the whole child.
Enrichment opportunities include; Spanish, computer, music, and a weekly library visit. Early Childhood classrooms are designed for curious minds and active bodies. Prayer and Bible are focused on daily and a weekly chapel reinforces the Biblical principles taught in the classroom.
All lead teachers are degreed and certified. Staff members have been through extensive training in curriculum implementation and continue to participate in on-going training. The Early Childhood faculty comes with strong academic credentials and years of classroom experience in working with our youngest learners.
- Each child's progress is tracked three times during the year with developmental reports available to parents on-line.
- CreativeCurriculum.net allows parents to track their child's progress, access activities to do at home and communicate with the classroom teacher.
- On-site live theater performances
- Parent volunteer opportunities ranging from Guest readers and field trip chaperones to cooking experiences.
- Phonological Awareness Literacy Screening in the fall and spring.
- Mission Outreach opportunities
- Priority Kindergarten screening and placement.
- Contract on-site Speech and Language services available