Preparatory - 7th-12th
Southwest Christian School provides a Christ-centered education that focuses on the spiritual disciplines, principled leadership, honorable citizenship, and inspired intelligence. We prepare students with the knowledge and skills needed to meet the academic, social, and spiritual demands of college and adult life.
During the middle and high school years, we offer our students developmentally appropriate academic instruction while nurturing social, emotional, and spiritual growth and maturity. Our guidance department works directly with families to assist in important program and extracurricular decisions based on individual talents, motivation, and goals. On-campus youth ministers and Bible faculty strengthen spiritual identity through daily Bible instruction, student-led campus worship, and programming geared to issues relevant in our student's lives.
We are blessed with facilities and resources that maximize learning. We have a verifiable history of prayerfully planned and executed development to ensure responsible stewardship. Some examples include:
- Nationally recognized, research-based curriculum
- Multi-track programming that includes honors, Pre AP, and Advanced Placement options
- Dual credit courses for Juniors and Seniors that allow students to graduate with college credits earned in partnership with Texas Wesleyan University
- State-of-the-art science labs designed for hands-on, investigative study
- Integrated classroom technology in all content areas
- Black Box Theater and award-winning fine arts program offering advanced study in drama, studio art,strings ensemble, orchestra, praise band, and choir
- New sports complex supporting boys and girls championship athletics
- Christian outreach programming that includes yearly service requirements, mission projects, and responsive community awareness.